Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Counterfeit 511E's Made Easy

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Counterfeit 511E's Made Easy

    IMO, some "ethical" questions come to mind....................

    I could use some extra cash flow in these hard times.

    Altec gold 511E Horn LABEL NEW and NICE! - eBay (item 250693674170 end time Dec-06-10 08:30:46 PST)
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  2. #2
    HB Super Moderator
    Counterfeit 511E's Made Easy


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Counterfeit 511E's Made Easy

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    IMO, some "ethical" questions come to mind....................
    I could use some extra cash flow in these hard times.
    That's Rudy he makes some really good stuff (foilcals),I have 5 original and one questionable 511E's and 4 of them have the original labels.Though some are in bad shape but still readable.

    I had inquired to Rudy about making new labels to replace my old labels because I want to repaint my 511E's for my project so I don't have some old looking horns a top my new looking cabs.

    I have put the new labels up to the originals and they are pretty darn close but if you want to tell the originals apart look at (Sound Products Division) & (Made In The U.S.A.) the lettering is a little thicker on the originals !

    There are no serial #'s either on these stickers ! I am interested in replacing stickers I already have.But trying to make 511E's to sell to someone (Counterfeit) No !! I'm giving you the info so you can tell the difference ! I'll post pics later for everyone to see.

    He made them for me.I guess he printed out a bunch moore.

    Sorry Bowtie !!!!!!!!!!! I hope you weren't planing on cutting up your 511B's

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Counterfeit 511E's Made Easy

    Sorry Bowtie !!!!!!!!!!! I hope you weren't planing on cutting up your 511B's
    Well i can't promise i won't hack up another pair at some point. But, i promise i'm not nearly close enough to the desperation that would have me passing them off as something they're not.

    Is he making H-808 labels yet?
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  4. #4
    HB Super Moderator
    Counterfeit 511E's Made Easy


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Counterfeit 511E's Made Easy

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    Well i can't promise i won't hack up another pair at some point. But, i promise I'm not nearly close enough to the desperation that would have me passing them off as something they're not.

    Is he making H-808 labels yet?

    You know all you have to do is email him. He can make anything, the foilcals for an 802 are a bit pricey though $35 ea. But look Fabulous,thought about those for my 33952's but $70 for the pair.

    The ink stamp 33952 kinda grows on me for that amount of cabbage.OG just posted a pair of 511's/craigslist for $75 I would rather have the horns !

    One thing I will say is his work is Top-Notch, first rate !!! If you don't have the original next to them to compare, very difficult to tell the difference. :2thumbsup:


    BTW: I will however state that I do not agree with or advocate using these types of foilcals,labels for the sole purpose of making counterfeits to sell to some unsuspecting person just to make a buck !(It's Fraud) I do however feel they are perfectly fine for restoring your project/gear as I'm doing with my 511's.

  5. #5
    Hostboard Member lowpoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2009
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Counterfeit 511E's Made Easy

    Holy Cow, I see he's even doing red wax seals to put over the screw holes on your 075s!
    [URL="http://www.homebuilthifi.com"]Homebuilt Hi-Fi[/URL]: Come on now, show us what ya got.

  6. #6
    HB Super Moderator
    Counterfeit 511E's Made Easy


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Counterfeit 511E's Made Easy

    It seems he will make anything by request !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.